What do Twinkies, Double Stuff Oreos, and Doublemint gum all have in common?
You may or may not have noticed that things have been a little quieter than normal around here this summer.
I mentioned earlier in the week that we're moving.
I'm also buying a minivan/trading in my cool card.
And I've been eating weird things like chicken salad with blueberries, feta, and corn. And okra tacos. And savory French toast.
So why all the craziness?
I'm pregnant!! With TWINS!! TWIN BOYS!!
I know that's a lot of capital letters and exclamation points, but I'd say this occasion is pretty deserving.
My due date is early February, which puts me right around 16 weeks. But since there are two in there, they will induce by mid January if I don't go on my own before then.
And to answer some FAQ's:
- No, twins do not run in my family.
- They are most likely fraternal, but we'll know for sure once they're born. I think we have a roughly 10% chance of them being identical.
- Yes, I was very surprised to see 2 babies in there! Definitely the biggest shock of my life thus far!
- I had a lot of morning sickness at the beginning, but it's gotten much better. I'm still very tired though, and I don't see that changing... for about 19 years.
- Caroline is very excited. I'm sure Smith is too.
- You are right. My hands will be full.
So bear with me over the next few
years months. Hopefully I can maintain my sanity - what with raising Caroline and Smith, moving, and baking up two more sweet boys. And in the future, expect to see a lot more family-style recipes, menu planning, and general cooking tips. I'll be learning quite a bit myself as I prepare to feed a family of six!