One of the great things about this recipe is that it can be easily adapted to many tastes and ingredients. Have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving? Just use that. Prefer sausage? no problem. Any combination of herbs and cheese would be wonderful. I actually used milk the first day, and yogurt the second, and either would be just fine.
These are just so cute, and would be perfect for a post-Thanksgiving breakfast. Or any-day-breakfast!
Herb-Baked Eggs with Ham and Cheddar
adapted from Inn Cuisine, originally from Strawberry Creek Inn
- 4 slices ham (each about 1/4-inch thick)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 & 1/2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I used extra sharp cheddar)
- 4 teaspoons fresh herbs (any combination), divided (I used thyme and parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste