I got lazy this month with Barefoot Bloggers. I just didn't have it in me to make (or resist eating) a giant cheesecake. And I was too lazy to do the calculations to make a small one. So I turned it into a dip that is both easy and obviously still delicious. And portable! I took it to a party last weekend, and I think it would be a wonderful addition to a tailgate spread.
I used graham crackers as the cheesecake vehicle, but I think gingersnaps would be really good too. And if you really want to go crazy... oreos? Though my stomach hurts just thinking about that one!
Thanks to Natalie of Snowball Jewelry for choosing Ina's cheesecake this month.
Mixed Berry Cheesecake Dip
adapted from Ina Garten
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2-3 cups mixed berries (diced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- 1/3 cup red jelly (strawberry, raspberry, currant, etc)
Place the jam in a medium bowl, and heat in the microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Fold in the berries, and spoon over the cheesecake filling. Chill until ready to serve, and serve with graham crackers or ginger snaps.